Any eukaryote that is not classified as a fungues, plant, or animal is a PROTIST.
Mostly unicellular, although some may be multicellular.
Seperated by feeding habbits (Nutrition)
Able to make food.
photosynthetic: 30-40% of all photosyntheses worldwide is done by algae.
Must eat other material. May be predators.
Flagella or cilia
used for locomation. Found almost everywhere there is water
1. Are classified under the domain Eukarya
2. They are Eukaryotes-- they have a membrane enclosed nucleus and organellesnucleus and organelles
1. Class of protozoa having cilia or hairlike appendages on part or all of the surface during some part of the life cycle.
2. They are variously used in swimming.
1. The Amoebozoa are a major group of amoeboid protozoa including the majority that move by means of internal cytoplasmic flow.
2. The Amoebozoa also include the slime moulds, multinucleate or multicellular forms that produce spores and are usually visible to the unaided eye.
1. A phylum that comprises the green algae.
2. They are more recently treated as a phylum of the kingdom Protista.
1. Any of various nonphotosynthetic protists belonging to the phylum Oomycota and living in marine, freshwater, and soil environments.
2. Oomycetes have cell walls made of cellulose or similar substances, and store their food as glycogen
Images on Glog
Click on the thumbnail to see original image.